RK Wargames Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the Stafford Wargames

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Discussion - Day 12

Go down 
+2
Bunny
arthur_loxley
6 posters
AuthorMessage
arthur_loxley

Discussion - Day 12 Empty
PostSubject: Discussion - Day 12   Discussion - Day 12 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 7:55 am

While we wait for updates, let's discuss a little strategy.

We own:
Birmingham
Stone mine 1
Iron mine 2

We are trying to gain:
Coventry
Derby
Gold Mine
Iron Mine 1

Red owns:
Stone mine 2
Lichfield
Stafford town
Stafford capitol

Neutral:
Shrewsbury
Ludlow

Our stronghold of Shrewsbury has fallen due to some wolves that we enacted on the board. Of the wolves, there are only 4 in Shrewsbury. Red has played a card of wolves in Ludlow, hoping to contain them to the west. I'm not sure how many they have, but we had literally no defenses in Ludlow. We did not expect the Red to play a WoS revolt in the west. Also, Red team has no income. They have been using cards to increase their gold and will likely be seeking another mine as income. We must maintain our mines for income and we have privateers currently in place holding them.

Should we focus on the town victory condition? Or storm the castle? With our army up and running, we can hire mercs with high FC to join. This is what the Red team has done. They have about 6 mercs with a few agents in their army. We have one bonus.. Those currently in the army have a rather high FC - Prophet, Lynna, Killed, Uberness, and myself. Richy has a rather low FC but if we equip him with a sword and shield, he is still useful. Uberness can help us battle the army in Birmingham, but if we decide to storm the castle he will have to drop out. He is still mayor for another 12 days and cannot abandon his town to participate in the castle.

Evaluation of castle/town defenses of Stafford: On any regular day, people alternate between the castle and town. 8-9 people defend the capitol, and 2-3 people defend the town. The town will be easier to take for sure, with an army, or even a group of agents and maybe a fifth column. We can also arrange privateers to help in this endeavor in the capitol.

Dewaugh will be in place after today in Stafford. He can evaluate the red agents in Stafford.
Telcara and co. are incapacitated for 10 days, and we don't have control of Shrewsbury.
Al, Tasite, and Nova are in Derby. If we have been successful in the takeover of Derby, they should move asap to Lichfield. This will make Red nervous and again, focus on defense, rather than offensively. Since they lack income source, they must use cards to boost their treasury to fulfill wage pays for the mercs they have employed. We need to keep control of their likely targets - Derby and Coventry. If they want more income, they will need to go for another mine. Hopefully today we should have all mines except Stone 1.

If we want to destroy them, or at least keep them occupied, we can send Al/Tasite and Nova to claim the Stone 1 mine with a group of privateers. This will make the Red team nervous when they have lost sight of that group, and again make them think defensively.

We can win this. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Bunny

Bunny

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Day 12   Discussion - Day 12 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 9:48 am

I think that we need to focus all those who can move towards the goal The mayors stay in towns obviously LOL and they can try to focus on town victories.

The plan is a smart one with storming the castle
Back to top Go down
The_Vindicator

The_Vindicator

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Day 12   Discussion - Day 12 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 5:52 pm

I am for storming the castle, directly, no town
Back to top Go down
Dewaugh

Dewaugh

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Day 12   Discussion - Day 12 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 6:42 pm

I agree with Storming

Shame I can't join the Army atm , as with my FC , our total FC would be awesome

However it doesn't hurt having a backup plan JIC , so worth while planning the town route as well
Back to top Go down
redfoenix

redfoenix

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Day 12   Discussion - Day 12 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 1:21 am

did the derby revolt work
Back to top Go down
arthur_loxley

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Day 12   Discussion - Day 12 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 9:28 am

We are still awaiting turn results for day 11. We are on a 3 day break. Razz Enjoy the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Blavnan

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Day 12   Discussion - Day 12 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 10:09 am

To be perfectly honest I'm a little upset about the break. I'm in the army so I can't work, which means 3 more days of lost wages Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
arthur_loxley

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Day 12   Discussion - Day 12 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 1:16 pm

Blavnan wrote:
To be perfectly honest I'm a little upset about the break. I'm in the army so I can't work, which means 3 more days of lost wages Crying or Very sad

Sorry man, but Red wasn't here. The wargames are supposed to last for a period of one month, and we are only into it by two weeks. Blue team will finish this game before the one-month deadline.
Back to top Go down
Bunny

Bunny

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Day 12   Discussion - Day 12 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 6:13 pm

i say that since its longer than 3 days that WE win LOL
Back to top Go down
arthur_loxley

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Day 12   Discussion - Day 12 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 1:35 pm

Well the only way to determine a winner would be to go by last turn results. Official announcement on Monday in Stafford Inn.
Back to top Go down
Bunny

Bunny

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Day 12   Discussion - Day 12 EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 9:25 am

boo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Day 12   Discussion - Day 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Discussion - Day 12
Page 1 of 1