RK Wargames Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the Stafford Wargames

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A security suggestion..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Teh_Uberness

Teh_Uberness

A security suggestion.. Empty
PostSubject: A security suggestion..   A security suggestion.. EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 7:42 pm

Why not make it impossible for members of one team to even see that the other team's forum exists? I know it can be done; I've done it myself on other forums.
As it is now, a diligent individual could hit refresh on the homepage and record the name of everyone who has posted in the other sub-forum.

I'm a helper!!! cyclops

(I love the forummotion emotes!) drunken
Back to top Go down
The_Red_Chef
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A security suggestion..   A security suggestion.. EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 8:03 pm

Can do!

It just looked so empty...
Back to top Go down
https://staffordwargames.forumotion.com
The_Red_Chef
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A security suggestion..   A security suggestion.. EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 8:05 pm

Blue Team forum should now be hidden, since it's the "secret" team.
Back to top Go down
https://staffordwargames.forumotion.com
lordrichy

PostSubject: Re: A security suggestion..   A security suggestion.. EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 8:09 pm

Absolutely!
Back to top Go down
Blavnan

PostSubject: Re: A security suggestion..   A security suggestion.. EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 12:32 am

Anyone who's posted in the Main forum here or replied to Red Chef's posting in the Stafford Inn instead of PMing him, should be considered compromised in terms of identity. We should keep in mind when planning that it's reasonable to assume that the Red team will know these folks are on blue team, as are anyone who joins a group with them.

This includes:
Teh_Uberness
Arthur_Loxley
Ifigeny
Lady_Bunny
Dewaugh
Lordrichy

Is this necessarily bad? No, we can use this to our advantage by being sneaky and downright dirty about how we feed them info. Those on this list can and should travel in groups that do not include people playing this wargame. If we can get the Redteam "killing" innocent civilians and thinking that they need to hunt down people who aren't even playing it will really help us. On the other hand it'll make Teh's plan much harder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A security suggestion..   A security suggestion.. Empty

Back to top Go down

A security suggestion..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RK Wargames Forum :: Teams :: Blue Team Forum-
Jump to: